The Avec Way
For any fund we consider representing, we perform extensive due diligence on the three “P”s of the partnership: people, performance, and process. We invest personally in each fund we represent, aligning our interests with our clients and their investors.
Nina Lesavoy, a recognized leader in relationship marketing, and the team at Avec Capital provide all the experience of a large organization with the personalized approach of a small, hands-on firm. Due to our approach and commitment, our objective is that our clients become part of the extended Avec family.
The needs of each client are unique; therefore, we individualize each client’s marketing plan and execution. We brainstorm on product strategy and collaborate on impactful, thoughtful and effective marketing materials. We work with clients on how to best deliver their stories and connect them with knowledgeable investors who are able to provide constructive feedback. We also constantly evaluate the marketplace as it evolves during each client’s fundraise.
An Ongoing Commitment to Success
Avec Capital’s commitment to excellence and success is unparalleled. We use a tailored and strategically focused approach to each client’s fundraise, what our clients can expect from Avec Capital during their fundraise includes the following:
- Investing personally as a Limited Partner with our client, therefore remaining involved with each partnership beyond the fund’s final close;
- Providing valuable feedback on the materials throughout the fundraise, ensuring our client’s story is always delivered clearly and concisely to potential investors;
- Utilizing different research databases to broaden our investor relationships to tailor to each specific client’s strategy;
- Continuing our strategic work with each client through their final close, providing post-closing support;
- Preparing our clients for on-site and operational due diligence meetings and reviewing the due diligence binder;
- Providing our clients with insight on each potential investor’s current private equity allocation and portfolio, the meeting attendees’ biographies, and the investor’s decision-making process, as well as any other relevant information;
- Providing advice on regular communications with potential investors;
- Scheduling meetings with prospective investors, often geographically focused and strategically timed to maximize effectiveness and minimize travel costs;
- Attending meetings with our clients to manage follow-up with each potential investor and document frequently asked questions;
- Conducting weekly update calls to review previous and upcoming meetings, investor follow-ups, strategic planning, conferences, and any other relevant fundraising activity;
- Managing the overall trajectory of the fundraise by constantly evaluating each potential investor’s interest level;
- Acting as a sounding board to help facilitate the negotiation of terms.
- At the client’s discretion, we continue our relationship to keep them in the market between fundraises.